Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Suggestion Box



I spent a lot of years believing altruism does not exist, that no one does anything unselfishly.  But I had not yet lived long enough to realize how wrong I was.

Now, I believe -- to paraphrase Dr. Wayne Dyer -- that the true human equation is peace over ego.  The happiest people in the world are those who habitually serve others.  I think it is because throughout life they accumulate fewer regrets.  It is amazing how much better you feel -- instantly -- by simply becoming aware of your own anger and realizing that it is nothing more than ego fuel.

Okay, maybe that's a little heavy for a suggestion box introduction in a humor blog.  However, it does explain my goal for this project.  Am I doing some great service to the world?  Probably not.  But if one of these ridiculous stories for a few minutes eases your worry about gas prices or work's latest impossible deadline,...then, maybe there are worse things I could do.

But, I can't hear you laugh.  So, I would really enjoy hearing any feedback you would like to offer.  Let me know what you found funny about a particular story. If there is something that you are not seeing that you would like more of, I'll make efforts to make it happen.  Or, if a story was too long or simply sucked in a general sort of way, let me know that too.  I don't bruise easily.  Well thought out criticisms of my writings have always been eureka moments for me, because I suddenly see things from a new angle. 

If you don't feel comfortable leaving comments below, you can email me directly at samrvs2@gmail.com.

In the meantime, I think I will go tell my shower curtain that I am filing a sexual harassment lawsuit against it.  You know, just to see what sort of reaction I get.  Heh-heh.

4 comments:

  1. Sam your stories are really funny because I relate with your personality and humor. keep doin what your doing. make us laugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your kind words, and I will do my best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you really stick a knife in a toaster? I touched a red-hot electric stove coil to see if it was really hot. It was! Applied science, skepticism at work even at six years old...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a tell that I probably should not reveal: While I do not attempt journalism, if I relate a story from my viewpoint, then it really happened. It may be skewed a bit from my there's-something-not-quite-right-about-that-guy perspective, but it happened. So, "The Tractor Tire Story" really happened, pretty much verbatim. Even with "Grumpy Tom," which I meant to be an experiment in fiction, Grumpy Tom himself actually existed and lived on top of Mom and Dad's blue Grand Prix with a grouchy, deluded demeanor just as the story relays. So, to make a short story long, yes Erin, I really did stick a butter knife in a toaster. Now, was I 25? I will stringently deny that. My wife will not.

    Love your site, by the way.

    ReplyDelete