Wednesday, October 14, 2015

My Me Hurts



Life in General...

I always feel awkward when a doctor says, "Hi, Sam. How you doing today?"

The polite response is "Fine. How are you?" but if I were fine, why would I be here? 

Every doctor's visit, I start off with a lie. Bad karma like that builds up. I'm telling you.

Did I mention that I had a doctor's appointment today? Surprise. It was for the ongoing ruptured thing in my back that sounds a little like Battleship calls.

"L4."

"Hit. You sank my lumbar section."

I need some more tests before the doctor can decide on which course of action to take.

Most of the visit resulted in good news. My blood pressure was so good that the doctor decided to take me off the medicine for a while. No arguments here. I enjoy taking pills just about as much as I enjoy eating live porcupines.

The pain in my ankle is probably not serious. Tendonitis most likely.

For my back, hips, and knees she refilled my prescriptions and gave me a shot of Toradol. The nurse and designated hypodermic wielder was awesome. I had no idea when the needle entered my skin. I will spare you the details of where I got the shot.

Oh, and I lost 35 pounds.  That was purely an accident.


The Writing and Current Projects...

Not much progress tonight. I almost did not bother, but the pros and cons vexed me. If I did not write anything, I might find it easier to make excuses tomorrow. Then again, taking a break every once in a while might just prevent burnout.

I decided to risk it. It's not much, but I wrote until I started falling asleep at the keyboard.

It also helps if you start before 11:00 PM. I'll try to remember that tomorrow.








Word counts for Sunday, Oct 13, 2015...

222 = Fiction
341 = Blog


Monthly totals for October 2015...

2,508 = Fiction
4,184 = Blog


MANUSCRIPT TOTAL COUNTS...

9,484 = Af (Alaskan fantasy)

3,679 = Mhn (Missouri horror novel)



No comments:

Post a Comment