Friday, October 9, 2015

Writing Backward



Life in General...

The bug dudes showed up at 10:30 AM. I don't think many of my neighbors were prepared for the sprayers. I sat on the couch reading a paperback, watching the little golf cart go from door to door.  From the time they entered each house to the time they left and puttered to the next, I had read less than half a page.

They finished with our place. I spent the requisite hour on the back porch and worked on my tan . . . well, at least on the left side.

When it was safe to do so, I put some dishes, glasses, and bowls back in their assigned cabinets, until my back decided that this was a very bad idea. It sent a chorus of toothaches down both my legs. Then the bed beguiled me and I did lie upon it.

Movies work as good distractions when I have toothaches (regardless of which part of my body I have them in). Today's feature presentation was Exists (2014). Eduardo Sánchez directed it, who also directed The Blair Witch Project back in 1999.  Exists is another found footage movie. This time about a group of teenagers trapped in a cabin by Bigfoot.

Hey, the leg-toothache went away. That's all that matters.


The Writing and Current Projects...

I did write.  I'm quite proud of that, in fact.  Started at the top of Chapter 2 again.  I weeded out a lot of the overwritten description.  Then I wrote some more.  Somehow I ended up with fewer words at the end of the day than at the start.


Word counts for Tuesday, Oct 9, 2015...

Fiction = -46
Blog = 304


Monthly totals for October 2015...

Fiction = 288
Blog = 1,517


MANUSCRIPT TOTAL COUNTS...

Alaskan fantasy = 7,168
Missouri horror novel = 3,679


No comments:

Post a Comment