Monday, October 12, 2015

Sir, Do You Know How Fast You Were Writing Back There?



Life in General...

My son is still coughing and generally feeling icky. No school for him tomorrow, and if he is still running a fever, we will be paying the doctor a visit.

If you read Saturday's post, you know that I spent Friday in the hospital while my nephew had surgery. Everything went fine, except his hair. Even though his mother tells them every time to shave his entire head, they don't. They shaved half. Mike did not love the look, and so he asked me to finish the job.

I am by no means an expert, but I can cut my own hair and I cut my son's. Mike's would be fairly easy, except for taking care around his incisions.

The haircut took place in the living room, surrounded by Mike's siblings and parents. Because I am only a little bit mean, I started the clippers, but just before I touched his scalp, I shut off the buzzing.

I said, "Should we take a moment of silence for this doo that we are about to undo?"

Mike is used to me. He simply closed his eyes and shook his head. I am sure that he was giving thanks for being related to me.

A few minutes later, he was all slicked up.

My back once again voiced its objections to standing, so I sat on the couch. Mike sat on the other end.  The family all talked for a few more minutes, and then I said. . .

"Well, I guess I'll get out of your hair . . . HA!"

That got me another headshake.


The Writing and Current Projects...

More Butt in the Chair has produced bigger results today. (That sounds wrong.)

I started at the top of the Alaskan fantasy Chapter 2, hoping to nail in a few braces for the weak spots and polish the rough. Not a huge, final draft polish, but enough to differentiate the living characters from the furniture.

Along about 6:30 PM, I looked up and saw to my surprise that I had passed the thousand-word mark for today.

I'd Happy Dance, but you know how whiny my back is.

I am pretty sure Chapter 2 is done.  Tomorrow, Chapter 3.


Word counts for Sunday, Oct 11, 2015...

Fiction = 1,062
Blog = 407


Monthly totals for October 2015...

Fiction = 2,068
Blog = 3,215


MANUSCRIPT TOTAL COUNTS...

Alaskan fantasy = 9,044
Missouri horror novel = 3,679


No comments:

Post a Comment